Peacehaven & Telscombe 2 v 1 Arundel 16/03/2019

(Pictured Above) Ryan Hallett, Arundel's goal scorer. 

Report Courtesy of ‘The Littlehampton Gazette’ Thank you.


Arundel fall to bottom-of-the-table after Peacehaven loss but Hull 'couldn't have asked any more from his players' Arundel boss Simon Hull. 

Simon Hull 'couldn't have asked any more from his players' despite Arundel falling to the bottom of the Premier Division after a 2-1 away defeat to Peacehaven & Telscombe on Saturday. With the game being played in blustery conditions, Callum Hart opened the scoring for Peacehaven before Ryan Hallett equalised for the Mullets. But Jake Brocklebank'ssecond-half strike saw Arundel extend their winless run to seven-games and increase the threat of relegation. 

 The Mullets' loss combined with Eastbourne United's 2-1 win over Loxwood at the weekend saw the Whites leapfrog Hull's team in the table on goal difference. Hull said: "(It was a) disappointing result but I couldn’t ask any more from my players in difficult conditions. "The performances have been there of late but we haven’t got the results we have deserved. "Things tend to go against you down the foot of the table, but there’s no danger of us feeling sorry for ourselves. "We will pick ourselves up and go again on Saturday.

Experienced faces could be added to Arundel squad for Saturday. Peacehaven opened the scoring on seven minutes with their first attempt on Arundel's goal. Playing against the wind, Gus Burton bombed down the right flank and delivered a pinpoint cross which was met by Haven’s top scorer Hart who took his effort with ease. But just five minutes later the Mullets were level thanks to a helping hand from the elements. Ryan Hallet's audacious effort from just inside the Peacehaven half was taken by the wind beyond Peacehaven 'keeper Alieu Secka, who was a few yards off his goal-line, he was deceived by the attempt and Hallett's speculative drive nestled sweetly into the top right-hand corner of the goal. 

 On 17 minutes Arundel looked like they had gone in front, but the linesman ruled the goal out for offside. The game remained level as the first-half drew to a close but the second period saw near dominance from Peacehaven. The hosts began to turn the screw and they were eventually rewarded with the winner on 65 minutes thanks to another weather assisted goal. Brocklebanks ' free-kick was taken hold of by the wind, yet again, and his cross somehow managed to fly over the head of a disbelieving Dan Stevens in the Mullets goal. 

 Arundel host Shoreham on Saturday in a vital clash at the bottom of the Premier Division. The Mullets and Saturday's opponents both have 21 points, along with Eastbourne United, and a victory for Arundel would give them hope in their battle to beat the drop Hull added: "Shoreham are also fighting for their lives so we are all fully aware of the magnitude of the game and will do everything in our power to get the three points on Saturday.

Read more at: 


Report courtesy of Peacehaven & Telscombe website. Thank you


THERE were two winners at The Sports Park on Saturday; Peacehaven & Telscombe and the wind.


To say the windy conditions were atrocious would be an understatement and these conditions contributed greatly to the quality of the game.

Arundel came to The Sports Park in deep trouble staring relegation down the barrel of a gun. While Peacehaven, with three wins from their last three games and finding some decent form in the autumn of the season, were intent on extending that run.

 Peacehaven opened the scoring in the seventh minute with their first threat on goal. Playing against the wind, Gus Burton tore down the right wing and sent in a superb cross which was met by Haven’s top scorer Callum Hart who despatched his effort with confidence and ease. All Peacehaven now needed to do was to up the tempo and put the game to bed.

But just five minutes later Arundel were level, and boy didn’t the wind play its part. Full back Ryan Hallet tried a speculative shot from just inside the Peacehaven half. Alieu Secka in the Haven goal was standing a few yards off his line. The wind somehow got hold of the ball and the shot deceived Secka and flew into the ‘keeper’s top right hand corner. 

It was difficult to know who was more surprised; the Arundel players whose celebration looked confused and surprised, the Haven fans who couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed, or Secka who was left scratching his head.

 Peacehaven were struggling to get their game together in the conditions but in the meantime on 17 minutes Arundel looked like they had gone in front, but the linesman ruled the goal out for offside.

Despite the conditions, Burton and Legrange were making nuisances of themselves and Josh Marshall was working hard but not making any real impression.

As the first period was drawing to a close, Peacehaven were in the ascendency, even though they were playing against the wind, and Arundel were showing very little threat upfront.


Half time: Peacehaven & Telscombe 1, Arundel 1.


Peacehaven dominated the second period and Brocklebank was beginning to find his range with free kicks and open play crosses. One of his excellent crosses found Marcus Allen in the box but his effort went just over. As the game approached the hour mark there was a degree of frustration creeping into the visitor’s play as they were getting frustrated by Haven’s movement.

 On 65 minutes Brocklebank, assisted by the wind, was at it again. Peacehaven were awarded a free kick on the left around 45 yards out. Brocklebank stepped up and sent in his kick, probably aiming in and around the penalty spot, but the wind got hold of the ball and it flew into the net past a bewildered Dan Stevens in the visitor’s goal. This was the combative midfielder’s second goal in two games and just his second of the season! Buses!

As the game entered its final stages, the wind seemed to pick up and balls were constantly flying out of play. This was not a classic encounter by any means, but sometime you need to win ugly and this was one of those occasions when nature dominated proceedings and Secka’s pre-match goal line prayers were answered. 

Peacehaven & Telscombe: Secka, Amarteifio, Durling, Gbla, Legrange, Brocklebank, Marshall, Cheeseman, Hart Allen, Burton. Subs: McDonnell, Ford, Phillips, Kilula, Tyrell.

Attendance: 203



1. Dan Stevens

2. Ryan Hallett 

3. Owen Benfell (Withdrawn)

4. Jordan Dudas (Capt)

5. Nathan Foster

16. Rob Grove (Withdrawn)

7. Ashley Hawkes

8. Matt Noble

9. Harry Russell

10. Dave Crouch

11. Harry Potts (Withdrawn)


12. Dan Gibbs (Used)

14. Patricic Gomes (Used)

15. Joe Allen (Used)

18. Ben Hornsby-Smith


Attendance – 203

Goal Scorers – R.Hallett

Yellow Cards – None

Red cards – None


Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.