Shoreham 4 v 1 Arundel (League) 26/02/2022

Report courtesy of  (Thank you)

Shoreham beat Arundel

Shoreham completed a league double over Arundel at Middle Road - the ground made safe after storm damage a week earlier

By Community Sport Reporter

Shoreham 4 Arundel 1 - SCFL division one 

Shoreham completed the double over lowly Arundel at Middle Road on Saturday to remain in the final play-off position in Division One. On a bumpy pitch, and with a blustery wind, the Musselmen never had problems against a young Arundel side whose cause was not helped by a sending-off and a player sent to the Sin Bin.

The game began with Shoreham fast out of the blocks and after only two minutes Harry Heath burst down the left and crossed for Dan Turner who failed to capitalise on a good chance. On 11 minutes the Musselmen took the lead when a goal kick from Ricardo Alves was headed on by Tom Shelley to Harry Heath on the left and his fine cross gave Jordan Stalibrass a tap in.

Arundel fought back and following a clearance into the Shoreham half, winger Ollie Hawkins was left with a one-on-one with the home keeper but blazed the ball over the bar from the edge of the box. On 25 minutes, the lively Ramon Santos put Stalibrass through, but he was foiled by a last gasp tackle by Ben Taylor. Arundel were reduced to ten men on 35 minutes when Jack Collins was dismissed for a foul on Dan Turner.

Two minutes later Shoreham scored their second goal when Tom Shelley headed home a Santos cross. Just before the interval Arundel’s Kenzie Oatway was forced to leave the field with a hamstring injury.

Arundel began the second half well and Jamie Ford struck a piledriver from wide on the right which Alves parried onto the bar out for a corner. At the other end Shoreham began to press and were rewarded on 51 minutes when John Lansdale’s in-swinging corner was headed home by skipper Dave Sharman for his first goal of the season. The visitors pulled a goal back on 59 minutes following some poor defending by Shoreham, Ollie Humphries finding the net.

Midway through the half, Arundel were reduced to nine men when skipper Ben Taylor was sin binned, and Shoreham began to create more chances, and increased their lead in the 80th minute when Harry Heath broke through the Arundel defence and squared the ball into the box where an Arundel defender made a hash of his clearance, the ball falling to the feet of Michael Death who slotted home.

Shoreham: Alves, Martin, Green, Lansdale, Sharman, Momah, Turner, Shelley, Stalibrass, Santos, Heath. Subs; Fair, Death, McMahon, Clampin, Sayers.

Report by Mike Wenhem

1. Pa Ali Susso

2. Theo Likaj

3. Jack Hands (70mins)

4. Ryan Harvey (40mins)

5. Ben Taylor

6. Ollie Humphries

7. Ollie Hawkins

8. Jamie Ford (Capt) 

9. Ryan Chittock 

10. Kenzie Oatway (42mins)

11. Jack Collins

14. Nat Monk (70mins)
15. James Mansfield (42mins)
16. Kai Williams (40mins)


Attendance – tbc

Goal Scorers – Ollie Humphries 
Yellow Cards –  
Red Cards – Jack Collins

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.